These traditional Italian pan fried cutlets are even better when you use PANKO bread crumbs to cover the pieces. Breaded chicken cutlets are delicious, economical, and can go with a myriad of side dishes, such as buttered Brussels sprouts and orzo pasta. The addition of the lemon/caper sauce makes this dish even piu delizioso !
Best pan fried chicken cutlets with lemon caper sauce
1 large boneless ½ chicken breast 2 TBS drained capers
1 egg (beaten with 1 TBS water) Juice from ½ lemon
½ cup flour ¾ cup chicken stock
1 cup panko bread crumbs 2 TBS butter in 2 TBS flour
2 TBS olive oil ¼ cup chopped parsley
Salt & pepper
- Place breast half on cutting board
- Place hand on top of breast and carefully cut in halfmoving from right to left. You will be able to feel theblade cut through the meat. Salt & pepper pieces.
- Cover breast halves with plastic wrap and pound flat
- Dust each half with seasoned flour, then dip in egg wash
- Cover chicken breast with crumbs, pressing them in.
- Add 2 TBS oil to med hot pan. Fry breaded pieces in oil until crispy
- Remove chicken from pan, add capers, lemon, and stock.
- Combine butter and flour into a paste, stir in paste until liquid is thickened.
- Place spoonfuls of sauce on plates, add chicken, anoint with sauce garnish with chopped parsley.